During 25 years of experience in managing fast moving consumer goods, Nelt has developed a flawless organisation of integrated logistics services: from national and international transport and mediation in customs clearance to storing goods at various temperature regimes, in both customs and noncustoms warehouses, various types of additional services to deliver to over 22,000 locations.
What is NELT’s capacity today?
– Nelt is part of the Nelt Group, an organisational system that interconnects 4,000 employees in 11 companies, in seven countries – Serbia, BiH, Montenegro and Macedonia, in Europe; and Angola, Zambia and Mozambique, in Africa. Nelt Group’s turnover in 2016 was 890 million euros. The group has at its disposal over 125,000 m2 of controlled, cooled and cold-storage warehousing and 350 delivery vehicles that are used to manage 10,000 deliveries a day. Nelt Group handles over 6,500 SKUs in its warehouses.
You recently opened a rail container terminal.
– In NELT’s central distribution centre in Belgrade, there are industrial rail tracks, which has recently allowed us to establish the first private intermodal terminal in Belgrade – a road/rail container terminal. The depot’s initial capacity is 400 TEU, with a possible extension to several thousand TEU.
Intermodal transport is synonymous with efficient, effective and environmentally sustainable global transport of all kinds of goods. By activating the intermodal terminal we can guarantee our clients lower logistical costs, but also a faster, more secure and higher quality transport service.
The regular weekly rail container transport for import and export between Rijeka and NELT Dobanovci is the first of the services we are placing on the market
For whom are your services intended?
– NELT’s rail terminal is open to everyone on the regional market in import, transit and export, from shipping companies and rail operators to logistics companies, freight forwarders, producers, brand owners and other distributors.
NELT’s intermodal terminal has rail connections with all the region’s ports and with other European ports and ground terminals. The motorways E-75 and E-70 cross just 6km from the terminal and Nikola Tesla Airport is only 10km away. In the logistics centre, there is a customs office and warehouse, which enables a lot of support to all kinds of goods services.
Maersk, the leading sea transport company, has added NELT to its official terminal list. Maersk has made it possible for its containers to be placed at NELT’s terminal for all kinds of operations in NELT’s logistical portfolio.
What services do you provide to the terminal’s users?
– Nelt provides container maintenance, cleaning and repair services, as well as the necessary inspection services, while we also have a large parking area that can handle up to 100 trailer trucks.
How far can you go to meet a client’s special needs?
– Nelt can offer special transport services, warehousing, customs clearance and VAS services, but can also be an integrator of complex supply chains, an adviser in logistical processes or a supplier of in-house logistics where the client has its production. We offer a broad spectrum of services to demanding industries, such as pharmaceuticals, FMCG, hi-tech equipment and the packaging industry.