Pregnancy represents one of the most beautiful experiences for women, which carries with it a great sense of responsibility. Support is needed from loved ones, but also professional people who should provide all necessary information related to this complex condition, which in Serbia is referred to with reason as the “second state”. Women who have been informed and sure of themselves have had positive experiences
Although pregnant women are expected to make numerous visits to the doctor for mandatory inspections and controls, they should approach it positively and try to dispel common fears about their health, and especially the health and development of the child.
Undoubted assistance in this is provided for pregnant women by the latest generation Panorama non-invasive prenatal screening tests, produced by American company Natera.
Aqualab Plus laboratories are exclusive representatives of these tests for Serbia, Montenegro and Bosnia-Herzegovina.
What is NIPT? What sorts of tests exist?
– Non-invasive prenatal screening test which detects congenital anomalies caused by a disorder in the number or structure of a baby’s chromosomes.
A large number of tests exist on our market and use the method of counting, but only Panorama uses patented SNP technology of the latest generation.
What is Panorama and what are the advantages?
– Panorama represents the next generation of NIPT’s. That is the only non-invasive prenatal test that distinguishes available fetal DNA from available maternal DNA. It has the lowest percentage of false negative (0.7%) and false positive results (0.35%).
It detects conditions that other tests cannot identify: triploidy, mosaicism in the mother, molar pregnancy, vanishing twin syndrome. Another significant advantage is the most competitive price on the market, with the possibility of payment in six monthly instalments.
In which week of pregnancy can the test be done and what is revealed by this test?
– Already after 9+ weeks of gestation. Panorama in three panels reveals trisomy of the 21st (Down), 18th (Edwards) and 13th (Patau) chromosomes, Monosomy X (Turner Syndrome), triploidy of all chromosomes / Vanishing twin, 22q11.2 microdeletion syndrome (DiGeorge), Angelman, Cri-du-chat, 1p36 and Prader-Willi syndrome.
Who is advised to take the test? Are there any limitations?
– All pregnant women, regardless of their age, who want to eliminate doubts about possible genetic disorders of their baby, especially pregnant women over the age of 35; pregnant women referred for amniocentesis following an ultrasound test and/or common test from maternal serum (Double, Triple, Quadruple); pregnant women who already have a child born with a genetic disorder. Apart from in these cases, this test should also be carried out when there is evidence of previous miscarriages or with carriers of genetic disorders, especially when there is increased risk from invasive diagnostic methods (amnio and cordocentesis).
The test is not carried out in the case of twins and multiple pregnancies.
Aqualab Plus laboratories are exclusive representatives of these tests for Serbia, Montenegro and Bosnia-Herzegovina
What needs to be done to obtain a test result?
– The test is simple and easy to perform and implies providing data and taking a sampling of venous blood of the mother. The process doesn’t take long to perform. Consumption of food or medicine, or time of day, do not influence the test results.
Is it possible to determine the sex of the baby?
– Yes, gender determination is 100% accurate. It is an integral part of the test, and the result is only shown if expressly desired.
When are test results received? How reliable is the test?
– Results are obtained within 3-5 days of the sample being received at Natera (USA). Due to the transportation, we issue the result within a deadline of 7-10 days. The accuracy of the results exceeds 99%.
What if the test is positive? Where can the Panorama test be done?
– In the case of a positive finding, amniocentesis and analysis of amniotic fluid are free of charge, as is consultation with a genetic advisor.
It is necessary to visit Aqualab Plus laboratories or one of the collaborative clinics. All information can be obtained at the information desks of any of our laboratories, as well as by calling the contact numbers that you find on the Aqualab Plus laboratories website www.aqualab.rs