The aim of iConsult is to create efficient solutions using minimal resources that companies already possess, which are then upgraded with a new structure that does not encumber on the employees or the companyIvana Mrkalj
For over a decade, iConsult has been working on improving the business and processes of its clients through training, employee performance management systems, consulting and other human resource services. During this time, iConsult has always insisted on achieving efficiency through knowledge, transparency, control and management skills.
The scope of your offering ranges from employee management systems and measuring their performance to various types of advanced skill training. Which of these services are the most popular among your clients in Serbia?
– We are experts at performance management systems which enable our clients to improve their employee management skills and processes through providing contemporary transparent management tools with the end result of higher employee efficiency and better control. Our services are tailor-made for each client and their goals, which they appreciate because it guarantees them efficiency.
This approach is also proven to be the most useful and most cost-efficient. It is very difficult to single out our most popular services because all of our methods and tools are compatible, and we often combine them.
Furthermore, when developing complex systemic solutions, we use other tools like employee training or evaluation in different segments. Our aim is to develop solutions that will be efficient and yield results while utilising the resources that the company already has and upgrading them with a new structure that does not impose on the employees or the company.
It has been announced that many large public enterprises will be restructured in the course of the economic reforms in the country. In which segments can iConsult help in order to achieve the most efficient results?
– The main issue here is the conventional approach to changes without clearly respecting the idiosyncrasies and the environment in which the particular company operates. Our expertise can help them to find formats that will be applicable in the given circumstances and that will yield the desired results.
By hiring external experts you are getting unique and practical experience, which is of utmost importance, in addition to objectivity and impartiality, which, in turn, reduces the margin for error
Measuring employee performance in the salary context is quite a delicate segment of your work. How much can this process improve organisation and management, reduce overhead and provide other benefits for the company?
– It can do all of that to a fairly large extent, providing that that the new system corresponds to the company’s realistic needs and aims, and is properly implemented. The best people to implement this system are the people who have sufficient knowledge and experience in this area.
Could you tell us why hiring external performance management consultants is a growing trend in the world?
– By hiring external experts companies are getting unique and practical experience, which is of utmost importance, in addition to objectivity and impartiality, which, in turn, eliminating the margin of error.
Could you give us an overall estimate of the quality of the public sector employees compared to the private sector in the context of “having the right people in the right places”?
– The biggest problem in the public sector is under-competent management. Our experience with working with the public sector has shown that management positions are usually occupied by some “experts” (e.g. engineers or computer programmers) that are not competent enough to be managers because that is not what they were trained for. Usually, they work on operational tasks together with their employees rather than being engaged in organising the actual work.
Unfortunately, this is also often the case in the private sector too, but in this sector, the companies invest more in educating their managers with the aim of improving their executive skills. Our starting point is usually evaluating managerial skills of executives after which we create tailor-made management training sessions or systemic solutions that help them to manage better, all based on the company’s realistic needs.
The situation with the management potential in the private sector is not that bad, and we provide excellent solutions and tested tools that will help them to improve. Oftentimes, we manage to achieve exceptional results with very small investments.