Planetsoft is this year commemorating its tenth birthday, having recorded increasingly better results and realised the goals it has set for itself during each of those ten years. This company’s recipe for success is top-notch management, a high-quality team, satisfied employees and maximum dedication to every client
With the establishing of Planetsoft GMBH Vienna, we have shown that we are ready to compete at the highest level, and to play in the big leagues you must have a good team, and we have built just such a team over the last 10 years, explains Planetsoft Owner and Founder Vedran Jarić, speaking in this CorD interview. “Thanks to our high-quality and experienced personnel, we offer the EU market high-quality responses to requests,” he emphasises.
You are this year celebrating your 10th birthday as one of the region’s leading IT companies. How has your ten-year journey been and what is your recipe for success?
– That’s right, in December this year it will be 10 years since the founding of Planetsoft. We have strived from the very first day to grow gradually and organically, in terms of expanding the capacities of our teams, implementing our products, applying top vendor solutions and cooperating with satisfied clients.
Many factors influence the achieving of market success, but what I can say with certainty is that it is maximum dedication and focusing on what you are good at, and a preference to be the best. Luck also represents an important success factor, and we’ve really had that throughout all these years.
What does your range of software solutions and applications encompass and in which areas are they applied?
– The range of software solutions that we’ve developed encompasses all spheres of the use of geographic information systems, as well as intelligent traffic management systems and the optimising of the work of teams on the ground.
Our solutions are applicable among clients from energy transmission and distribution companies, companies that deal with the planning and production of energy from renewable sources, telecommunications operators and regulators, utility companies and enterprises that handle the management of forests, traffic and transport infrastructure
Our solutions are applicable among clients from energy transmission and distribution companies, companies that deal with the planning and production of energy from renewable sources, telecommunications operators and regulators, utility companies and enterprises that handle the management of forests, traffic and transport infrastructure.
You’ve remained focused on improving the operations of your clients from day one. And your professional approach, educated personnel and partnerships with leading global companies are all crucial to that. Which companies do you cooperate with and do you plan to establish new partnerships?
– We’ve developed two of our own solutions that we’ve offered to the market, and those are ITS and GIS. We are planning to this year develop and offer a new product that will be flexible and applicable to clients that are energy transmission and distribution companies, telecommunications operators and similar.
Among our global partners, we are a partner of SAP [German multinational software company]. We implement and maintain it in large and important systems. We are also partners of Salesforce and Therefore – Canon. We recently became a partner of American company Aviat, where we recognised our shared potential to jointly offer clients the best services and solutions.
Planetsoft began its life in Banja Luka, but how far has it gone to date? Do you plan to open new branches and expand to new markets and, if so, where?
– Planetsoft was founded in Banja Luka and quickly expanded to Belgrade. In October last year we founded Planetsoft GMBH Vienna and we are actually right now in the phase of signing a first significant contract with PSGMBH. We are also present in both Montenegro and Bulgaria. In the period ahead, we see potential in Switzerland, Poland and Czechia, but, as we’ve done so far, step by step.
Do you still believe that a group is only as big as the energy of its people?
– Absolutely! Every serious group and firm is composed of people, of their ideas, visions and abilities.
It is up to the management to introduce energy and real enthusiasm to a company, in order for employees to come to work satisfied, to convert ideas into reality, and to return home infused with positive energy. I am very satisfied with the management of Planetsoft and proud of each of them. A high-quality team and satisfied employees are the bedrock of healthy progress.
You stated recently that penetrating more competitive markets, such as the one offered by the EU, is crucial for you. Is Planetsoft Group ready to compete and what would you single out as your comparative advantages over the competition?
– With the establishing of Planetsoft GMBH Vienna, we have shown that we are ready to compete at the highest level, and to play in the big leagues you must have a good team, and we have built just such a team over the last 10 years.
At year’s end 2022, we had recorded growth of 25% compared to the previous year. We achieved revenue of 18.5 million euros and EBIDTA of around 4.5 million euros. We are continuing the trend of growth and satisfaction at Planetsoft
Appearing on the EU market offers significant potential to grow and learn. That which we can offer in the EU is certainly better prices for the client, greater flexibility, dedication to the project at hand and competitive quality. Thanks to our high-quality and experienced personnel, we offer the EU market high-quality responses to requests.
You begin every year with a plan to be better than you were in the previous year, and in this sense we believe that 2023 is no exception. Are you satisfied with last year’s results and that your expectations will be met with regard to further success in this and future years, despite potential challenges?
– How can you advance if you won’t set higher goals every day?! The priority for 2023 is to penetrate a new market and gain new clients. I believe this year will be quite a challenging one for everyone, because – as we can see – the world is experiencing a crisis, and that certainly won’t bypass the IT market. However, I repeat, it is necessary to maintain a focus on that which you’re really good at.
We are satisfied with last year’s results of Planetsoft Group. At year’s end 2022, we had recorded growth of 25% compared to the previous year. We achieved revenue of 18.5 million euros and EBIDTA of around 4.5 million euros. We are continuing the trend of growth and satisfaction at Planetsoft.