On the occasion of May 9, Europe Day, as every year for the last two decades, the Delegation of the European Union to Serbia will organise a series of events in 11 cities in Serbia. This holiday is an opportunity to remind of Schuman’s declaration, the first fundamental document in the creation of today’s EU, along with the celebration of European values.
Citizens will be able to enjoy a number of interesting activities, among others, will have a view through the “door” in several European cities such as Amsterdam, Berlin, Vienna, Brussels, Dublin, Sibiu, Ljubljana, Rome, will be able to take interesting photos and see interesting 3D drawings.
We will also present some of the “Stories from Serbia” (Priče iz Srbije), successful examples of EU assistance and entrepreneurship of Serbian citizens and institutions through an interactive exhibition where visitors will be able to watch video stories using augmented reality (AR) technology.
The first stop on the way to mark Europe Day is in Belgrade on May 8 in the City Assembly with a formal reception which will be attended by the head of the EU Delegation, Ambassador Sem Fabrizi, state officials and representatives of the diplomatic corps in Serbia. Also, a multimedia projection on the topic of cooperation between Serbia and the EU will be shown on the facade of the building. On the same evening, the most famous locations in Belgrade will be illuminated in the colours of the European Union.
During May, on the occasion of Europe Day, the EU Delegation will organise the following activities:
- Central celebration of Europe Day, formal reception in the Assembly of the City of Belgrade
- 3D street art – drawing 3D images on the streets of Belgrade, Nis and Novi Sad
- 3D mapping of buildings in Belgrade, Nis and Novi Sad
- Art installations in Belgrade, Nis and Novi Sad
- Lighting of important buildings in Belgrade on May 8 in the evening (Branko’s Bridge, Bridge on Ada, Slavija, The National Assembly, “Albania” Palace, building of the EU Delegation to Serbia)
- EU caravan during the campaign which includes:
- Interactive exhibition on pedestals in pedestrian zones of ten cities in Serbia: Belgrade, Nis, Novi Sad, Valjevo, Uzice, Negotin, Pirot, Subotica, Vrsac, Kraljevo, Kragujevac
- T-shirt and bags printing point
- Photography point
- Interactive “door” to the cities of Europe where visitors will be able to see and communicate with the artists of the above-mentioned cities live.