Easy recipe for Swedish Hasselback Potatoes. These potatoes are very popular in the Nordic kitchen and is a great side dish for a lot of different food.
- 1 kg potatoes (2 lb)
- 50 g butter (2 oz )
- 2 tbsp rosemary , fresh or dried
- 2 tbsp thyme , fresh or dried
- 2 clove garlic , finely chopped
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 1 hour
Total: 1 hour 15 minutes
1. In a sauce pan; melt the butter at low heat.
2. When the butter is melted; chop the herbs and garlic and add it to the butter. Let it cook/sit for about 5-10 minutes on very little heat.
3. Clean and peel the potatoes.
4. At the bottom side of the potatoes make a small horizontal cut. This will make sure the potatoes sits stable on the oven plate.
5. On the opposite side; make deep cuts side-by-side into the potatoes. The cuts should be about 2/3 into the potatoes and about 2 mm apart.
6. On a parchment paper covered oven plate; place the potatoes side-by-side with the grooves upwards.
7. Brush the potatoes with the butter and herb mixture.
8. Bake the potatoes for about 60 minutes at 200 C (400 F). The cooking time is depended on the size of the potatoes. The potatoes are done when you can easily stick a fork into them. During the cooking brush the potatoes 2-3 times extra with the herb mixture.