“Globalization is done! It is now about management, and not about business. It is about being together in one world.”
The International Annual Presidents` Forum is the event of the year at IEDC-Bled school of Management.
Forum will take place on Wednesday, November 15 at IEDC. The event will start with the opening speech of Dr. Miro Cerar, the Prime Minister of Republic Slovenia.
More than 100 Presidents of the Boards, Chief Executives, Members of the Board, government representatives from 10 countries will attend the event.
Prof. Joe Santos (INSEAD, France), keynote speaker at the Presidents’ Forum will tackle the following message: “Globalization is done! It is now about management, and not about business. It is about being together in one world.”
According to the recent research of Prof. Santos, local/regional companies can successfully compete with global companies by using the »home team« advantages and the five strategies that help build these advantages: engaging deeply with consumers and end users, partnering with local suppliers, fostering development of the local talent pool, shaping the regulatory and institutional environment, participating in the broader development of social value.
Prof. Joe Santos is a well-known specialist that has been centering his research and teaching on the general management of multinationals, with a particular focus on global integration and global innovation.
His lecture will be followed by a panel of international leaders and business executives presenting their best practices:
- Alessandro Bolzan, Chief Business Analyst, HIKVISION Europe, Italy
- Alessandro Calligaris, President, Calligaris s.p.a., Italy,
- Mark Pleško, CEO Cosylab, Slovenia
- Pavel Popov, COO&CFO, United Rocket Space Corporation, Russia
On Tuesday, November 14, 2017, IEDC-Bled School of Management will confer Generali Alumni Achievement Awards. The awards are each year given to five alumni in recognition of their career achievements, their leadership and their contribution to the development of the school and of the society. The ceremony will take place in Hotel Lev in Ljubljana at 18:00. This year’s winners are:
- Blaž Brodnjak, CEO, NLB, Slovenia
- Tomislav Čorak, Principal, The Boston Consulting Group, Croatia
- Danko Jevtović, Partner & CEO, Jugodata ltd, Serbia
- Songezo Mabece, Government Procurement Law Canditate & Guest lecturer, George Washington University USA, South Africa
- Zoltan Pilecki, Managing Director Studio Moderna Romania, Romania