Alti Logistika as a company is today dedicated to satisfying world standards, which implies swift responses, thoroughness and dedication of each transport consignment and customs procedure, as well as constant care for each client.
Alti Logistika enjoys a good reputation on the transport and logistics market. How have you managed to position yourself in such a way within less than two years?
– The stable organic portfolio of over 300 satisfied clients that we initiated in the first year of operations was a key point for us, in terms of ratings, to position ourselves well on the logistics market. Moreover, greatly contributing to this was the trust we built with our clients. With the quality of the service we provide, we strive to continuously justify that trust and continue with our further development and advancement. Our services and their quality are reflected in the values that we cherish, namely: reliability, efficiency and professionalism.
I would like to mention that for a successful start-up project it is very important to think ahead. We started with a well-devised and precise business plan. A challenging and achievable budget was the subject of multiple analysis projects, while monitoring and controlling results and costs on a daily basis was essential, all with the aim of reminding ourselves at every moment where we are and where we need to be for the remainder of the fiscal year. In addition to experience, we also invested a lot of energy in all of the aforementioned, while we continue at a serious pace, all the way to the fulfilling of our mission and vision completely.
You are focused on the part of the market occupied by SMEs. What do you think is crucial for the success of business collaborations with this market segment, and what kind of future does it have in the field of logistics?
– The company’s operations in the first 12 months were focused on small and mediumsized enterprises. This segment will always be important to us and will always have a significant place in our portfolio, because every client is equally important to us, regardless of their size. In parallel with the noted market segments, we are developing, and will continue to develop, cooperation with big companies, factories, production facilities. We consider that the speed of responding, thoroughness and dedication to each transport consignment and customs procedure, as well as constant customer care, are crucial for the trust placed in us.
The future of both segments is in the fact that we, as a socially responsible company, support the development of transport and logistics, and that Serbia utilises the good geostrategic position it has and that the economy continuously evolves. The next logical step is to develop infrastructure, then the efficiency of transport will be enhanced. Such conditions are given as a result of increasing the volume of goods that are transported, a consequence of which is the emergence of growing need for logistics services on the market.
Price, accuracy of delivery and security of transported goods are the most important parameters when it comes to selecting transport and logistics companies. Which of these criteria represents a comparative advantage of Alti Logistika?
– The competitiveness and security that you can provide are certainly points with which you start competing in the highly competitive environment of the logistics market. Accuracy is also part of the service that is expected to be respected. Alti Logistika strives to stand out in terms of the value added of the services that we provide. Our clients know that we are committed to satisfying their needs and demands, because for every industry we create specific made-to-measure solutions. The essence is that for our clients we maximally ease the organisation of logistics services, in order for us to contribute to saving their costs and time.
You certainly have good insight into current trends in the transport and logistics sector. How do you see and evaluate them, and which services does Alti Logistika excels in, compared to the rival companies in your sector?
– Trends in logistics are under the influence of global trends like globalisation, the position of economic centres, geopolitical conditions, technological development, digitisation and new supply chain strategies. I see and evaluate all of these as opportunities that we should also understood as tasks that we have to prepare for in terms of capacities to prepare ourselves in line with supply and demand on our market. The main activities of Alti Logistika relate to the organising of complete logistics services (international transport, customs brokerage, short-term and long-term storage, distribution). The focus of our operations is on international and domestic road transport. Transport is a subsystem and the lifeblood of logistics, while we also organise a reliable and high quality service, accompanied by competitive prices and justified by the satisfying of delivery times that are expected.
The percentage of increasingly satisfied clients that continue to increase the degree of trust shown in us is the starting point by which we highlight the success of our operations. In 2017 we plan to invest in infrastructure that will enable our storage capacity to respond to the demands of increasingly complex contractual logistics. In the current year we also plan to grow our operations by 200% compared to revenue generated during the previous year. From the logistics centre we will expand and develop our business, while the focus will continuously remain on the quality of transport services, which will have more than good support in infrastructure, organisationally and as the most important personnel solutions in which we invest continuously.
The main activities of Alti Logistika relate to the organising of complete logistics services (international transport, customs brokerage, short-term and long-term storage, distribution), while the focus of operations is on international and domestic road transport
You have a lot of experience doing business on the international market. To what extent is it possible to implement the principles of such operations on the domestic market?
– It is largely possible to implement principles by maintaining an organised method of working and continuously improving it by listening to the needs and requirements of clients, on the one hand, and the competition, on the other, which is good because it motivates us to be better. Developed markets at the intersections of international logistics are only developed because they are continuously improved and work is done on innovation, while of course the amounts invested in infrastructure and industry are also important, as is the technology that has developed rapidly in the past 20 years. It is necessary to capitalise to the greatest possible extent on our geostrategic position and for the principles and methods of organising operations that have proven to be practical and productive to be recognised and implemented on our market, and which are already greatly current and present on the international market.
Everyone is aware of the significance that customs procedures have for the logistics sector. According to your assessment, to what extent is Serbia harmonised with the EU when it comes to customs procedures?
– When it comes to customs procedures, there are three procedures that are most represented: transit, import and export.
In early 2016 the Republic of Serbia approached the introduction of the NCTS common transit procedure, which is already present in the 28 EU member states and four EFTA countries. It is known that the Serbian Customs Administration has a strategy for fully automating Customs, for all procedures.
At present transit procedures are implemented and automated almost completely, while next to come is the plan for the automation for the export of goods, then later for goods imports. This is a process that will last. As things stand at present, this relates to a medium- to long-term time framework to complete automation.